Translate

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Living My Dream By Facing My Fears....

Hey Ya'll! What an amazing day it is today! As I sit here reflecting back on a day that I will never forget. The day that I made another one of my dreams come true. Made possible by not giving into my fear of failure!

I have been working on developing a few products, for what seems like forever! I came up with an idea, particularly to fulfill a need, one that could possibly save a life! One that I felt was a great idea!

One thing that I've learned in the last 5 to 7 years is,( a major factor when it comes to inventing) What you think is the greatest idea ever, may not seem like a great idea to somebody else. Which is what scared me! I've been learning a lot from all the books that I've read, websites that I have come across and blog posts that I have been following.

But ultimately it came down to meeting two amazing ladies Alma and Susanna! These two Motivated Mommies had the courage to take that extra step that I've been terrified of taking. They had an idea that they believed was amazing, they faced their fears and made their dreams a reality. Alma Moussa Is the creator of The Babee Covee, a 6 in 1 multi purpose baby blanket and cover. Susanna Lee is the creator of The Aqueduck, a Faucet Extender that brings the water to your child. As well as the Handle extender that enables your child to turn the faucet on and off. Their awesome creations won them $15,000 to help towards bringing their product to market, by being named one of The Huggies Mom Inspired Grant Winners!

I'd like to say that I've known these brilliant women for a long time, but the fact is I met them once just a few months ago, and that's all it took for me to see, that I was not alone in my passion to create amazing products. I mean, I always knew that there were women out there that had the same dreams as I did, and women that were actually doing the things that I've always wanted to do. But to see it first hand right in front of me, It became more real to me. I knew at that moment that my dreams were within my reach, I just had to stay Motivated, face my fears and push through my fear of failure!

I am happy, excited and proud to say that I finally made it a reality and submitted my product to the 2013 Huggies Mom Inspired Grant Program. As exciting and life changing as it would be to win and be named by an amazing company like Huggies. I am not afraid of what will happen if I don't win. It has been such a positive experience all the way around. I have learned so much these last few months through the process and from my new found friends Alma and Susanna.

They have given me the Motivation that I need to not only submit my ideas, but to believe in myself and continue to work on the process of bringing the product that I submitted to market as well as the others that I've been working on as well, no matter what happens!

If I do happen to win and be named a 2013 Huggies Mom Inspired Grant winner It will open up some Huge Doors for me and Motivated Mommies! I will not only be working on bringing my product to market, but I will also be working on changing the lives of Mom's all over the globe by helping as many Mom's as I can, so that they too can fulfill their dreams, have faith in themselves and bring their creations to life! Wish me luck..... Xoxox ~Tina The Motivated Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment